ChatGPT took a bang in just five days of its launch. It was launched in December 2022 and gained more than a million users in just five days. Let’s see what ChatGPT is and how and why you should use it.
What is chatGPT?
ChatGPT is another astounding invention of artificial intelligence. It is a tool based on the algorithms of natural language processing. It takes questions from the user as input and provides exact answers to a wide range of queries. In simple words, ChatGPT is a platform that allows you to have answers to your questions from a chatbot in human-like conversations.
Why should you go with chatGPT?
Today, you can google everything and find answers to all your queries. Then, why should you go with chatGPT?
When you search for a query on Google or other search engines, it gives a list of links that have the potential answer to your query. Then you go on to the different links and look for your answer. On the other hand, ChatGPT gives you the relevant answer to your question using all the information it has.
ChatGPT is a free tool that you can use to solve and get all answers that are in text form. ChatGPT can also be used to write essays, blogs, and even text codes, for that matter. You can simply ask anything, and it will provide a suitable answer.
How does it work?
ChatGPT is a large language model, which is a type of machine learning model. It is trained on a dataset of billions of words to predict the likelihood of a sequence of words, as autocomplete works. It does that by learning the statistical pattern among the datasets of texts.
Simply put, it has a vast amount of information at its disposal. It uses this information to resolve the queries and tasks assigned to it.
ChatGPT has been trained using Reinforcement Learning with Human Feedback (RLHF). As the name suggests, this uses feedback from humans to reinforce learning. This way, chatGPT is able to give responses that humans prefer.
How did ChatGPT come into existence?
ChatGPT was created as a part of a research project by OpenAI. OpenAI is a nonprofit research organisation based out of San Francisco dedicated to advancing artificial intelligence in a sustainable way. OpenAI has a team of researchers who work on developing and improving language models and other AI technologies. They used a process called machine learning to train chatGPT on a dataset of billions of words.
Limitations of ChatGPT
Like every other invention, ChatGPT also has some limitations:
- It is trained on a fixed dataset and can not go beyond that to answer your queries.
- ChatGPT has its knowledge cut off in 2021, which means it can not give you any information generated or updated after that.
- ChatGPT can not browse the internet and any other external information.
- It does not have human emotions and intelligence.
- It is not programmed to engage in inappropriate and offensive behaviour. (Is that really a limitation, though?)
- ChatGPT’s language understanding is only based on statistical patterns and probabilities of the database. You might not be able to understand every word and phrase you use.
- As the service is in the testing stage, it is observed that it goes down from time to time. This makes ChatGPT less reliable.
- It gives wrong and self-invented answers sometimes.
How to use ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is as easy as chatting on WhatsApp with your friend. You can access chatGPT on Telegram, WhatsApp, and as a chrome extension. You can also visit the following link to chat with chatGPT.
1. Go to the link: Click Here
2. Register yourself with your google account and proceed to log in.
3. You can start a new chat and ChatGPT, whatever you want to know.
ChatGPT is a tool of today’s time. You can get answers to all your queries in a chat-like format. It feels like you are chatting with your friend, but with a smarter one. ChatGPT does not have access to the internet or any other external data, but it is trained on a significant quantity of data. It knows almost everything present on the internet as of 2021.
The full form of GPT in chatGPT is Generative Pre-trained Transformer.
ChatGPT has many pros and cons. It has a limited database of information, while google’s content is being updated, as we talk right now. Google also has its pros and cons. ChatGPT is in the early testing stages only. It will be too soon to say that ChatGPT will replace Google.
ChatGPT is in the feedback stage and is free at the moment. But it will be monetized later.
A team from the research lab of Open AI created ChatGPT.