The cost of developing an app like Zomato/ Swiggy ranges from $6500 to $11,000. Since Zomato/Swiggy is a database app, its development cost would be slightly higher than simple restaurant apps. The cost of a restaurant app depends on the following key factors.
After covid-19, online food ordering has become a passion globally. Because people don’t want to visit public places like supermarkets, they need everything on the doorstep at their fingertips. Even as a result of a survey on Indian food delivery apps conducted by Rakuten Insight in August 2022, most people ordered once or twice a week.
According to Statista, Revenue in the food tech industry segment is projected to reach ₹989.00bn in 2022 in India. It is a great business opportunity, but how much does it cost to build a food delivery app like zomato or swiggy?
In this article, we will share an estimation cost and time of developing a food delivery. But before we get to the price, we must define the features and technology necessary for a food delivery app.
Food Delivery App Required Features
Features are the most crucial part of app development. There are four parts to a food delivery app: customer, restaurant, delivery, and admin side.
Customer Side Features
- Login & User Profile – Here, users log in or sign-up for the account by filling in login credentials.
- Search Menu – This is a search engine where users can search for food and dishes.
- Cart – It’s for customers to see their orders, quantity, and total amount.
- Payment Integration – It’s a payment page for users to pay the amount whatever they ordered.
- Order Tracking – In this feature, customers can estimate how much time delivery boys take to visit their doorstep.
- Rating and Review – Here, customers can write reviews on how the app satisfies their needs.
- Customer Support – In this section, users get contact information like phone number, email id, or contact form to resolve a problem.
Restaurant Side Features
- Login: A login page for restaurants.
- Menu Management: Here, restaurants manage their food listings and remark out of stock or in stock.
- Push Notification: This section is responsible for upcoming, pending, and delivered orders.
- Checking Rating and Review: This page is for checking customers’ reviews and respond them.
Delivery Side Features
- Registration – Delivery boys also need this page to register or log in.
- Order Management – This section informs delivery boys about orders.
- Updating the Order Status – Your order reached!
Admin Side Features
- Admin Login – To manage all the activities from the customer side to the delivery side.
- Restaurant Management
- Application Management
- Payment Management
- Discount Offers and Coupons
- Technical Assistance
Primarily to build a responsive and accessible food delivery app. We have selected the best programming languages and integrations. Below we have mentioned those technology stacks for food delivery app development.
|Programming Languages||Java, Kotlin, Dart||Objective-C, Swift|
|SDK||Android SDK||IOS SDK|
|Toolkit||Android Studio, Android Developer Tools||Xcode|
|Mailing Services||Gmail, SendGrid, ZeroBounce, MailGun, TempMail, FastMail, Firebase Cloud Messaging|
|Push Notifications||Twilio, Nexmo, Plivo, Sinch, Apple Push Notifications Service (APN), Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)|
|Social Media||Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Viber|
|Payments Gateway||Phone Pay, Stripe, Braintree, Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal’s SDK|
|Restaurants API Solutions||GrubHub, Zomato, Foursquare Places|
|Location Tracking||MapKit for iOS, Google Map API|
Despite all this, the exact cost of developing a food delivery app depends on various factors, such as multiple features, complexity of mobile app development, third-party integrations, proper mobile app development process and more.
Now, let’s understand the other factors here as well:
- App Features and Functionalities
- Project Analysis and Scope Statement
- UI/UX Development
- App Platforms
- App Deployment
- App Maintenance
- App Security
- App Development Team
How much does it cost to build a food delivery app?
Note: This is an estimated cost of developing a food delivery app. We can’t tell you the exact price because it depends on your requirements and app functionality. So we will calculate an estimation by dividing it into the factors mentioned above:
Depending on the features you are looking to add to your on-demand food delivery mobile app and the resources that it would require to get your app transformed from its idea stage to the launch phase.
- Technical documentation: $1,000 to $1,500 / 40 hours
- UI/ UX designing: $1,500 to $3,000 / 50-60 hours
- Front-end and back-end development: $8,000 to $15,000 / 400 hours
- MVP testing: $2,000 to $4,500 / 75-80 hours
- Bug fixing: $1,000 to $3,000 / 40 hours
Did we miss something? Come on! Tell us what you think about our article on the “cost of a food delivery app like zomato or swiggy” in the comments section.