The Instagram Explore page and Reels tab are both places where your content can receive high engagement. Everyone wants their content to appear on both tabs, but the question is how to get your Reels on the Explore page.
There is nothing more frustrating than seeing your Reels’ views on Instagram at 0. Every creator dreams of having at least 100k views on a single Reel.
I know this because I have been there many times.
Sometimes, it seems that no matter what you do, nothing works. It appears as though the Instagram algorithm dislikes your content, and you have no idea why your Reels’ videos don’t go viral.
If all of this sounds too familiar, you are in the right place. In this article we will share with you 6 tips on getting your content on instagram explore page, and explore page deets.
What is an Explore Page & How Does it Work?
The Instagram Explore page is a part of the Instagram app where the algorithm suggests users’ content based on their:
- Interests – For example, I’m a fitness enthusiast, a believer in God Krishna, and enjoy exploring dark memes. As a result, I primarily see posts related to these topics on my Explore page.
- Following – For instance, I follow my friends, colleagues, and some celebrities like Virat Kohli. The content from these accounts also influences what appears on my Explore page.
- Activities – I enjoy commenting on memes and sharing my opinions on various phenomena. My engagement in these activities can also shape the content recommendations on my Explore page.
Instagram determines these things while suggesting content from individual to individual.
1. Update Your Instagram App
Sometimes everything seems to be in order: your content is good, and you post at the right time. However, there may be various bugs and glitches on Instagram, which could be the reason why your content is not getting views and being discovered by users on the Instagram Explore page.
To fix this issue, simply update your Instagram app and then upload your content to see what happens. If that doesn’t work, consider joining the Instagram beta program.
Here’s How to Update the Instagram App or Join the Beta Program:
- Open your App Store or Play Store.
- Tap on the search icon in the lower right corner and search for “Instagram.”
- Find Instagram in the search results and look to the right. If your app is up-to-date, it will say “Open.” If you need to update, it will say “Update.”
- Tap on “Update.”
- Once updated, simply open your app.
2. Try with a New Instagram Account.
Do you believe in Instagram shadowban? Many claim it exists, while others deny its existence. However, the reality is that shadowban does exist.
There is no tool or software available to detect whether your Instagram account is suffering from a shadowban. The only way to find out is by observing if your reels and posts are receiving impressions or reach. If they are not, it may indicate that your account is shadowbanned. Shadowbans are usually the result of using irrelevant hashtags or posting abusive content that goes against the Instagram Community Guidelines.
So, consider trying with a new Instagram account ID to see what works and what doesn’t.
3. Instagram Trending Music & Audios
Instagram has a vast library of music and audio with insights, where you can see what music is trending on Instagram Reels. You might have also experienced this when you come across a Reel and like or save that video. The Instagram algorithm continuously suggests similar Reels with viral audio to you.
Try using the Instagram music library to create Reels, as it gives your content a massive reach with your desired audience.
4. Don’t Delete Old Content
You upload a Reel to your account, and after one hour, you notice that your content has received some views. However, you delete it because you think the video didn’t perform well or didn’t receive enough engagement. This is one of the biggest mistakes content creators can make.
To understand this, you need to understand the Instagram Reels algorithm.
Here’s what happens when you post a Reel on Instagram:
When you post your Reel on Instagram, the algorithm suggests it to 10% of your followers. If 10% of your followers engage with your content, then the algorithm pushes your Reel video to a larger interested audience, and this process continues.
So, avoid deleting your content too quickly; wait for at least seven days. Sometimes it takes time for the Reels to gain traction in the Instagram algorithm.
5. Entertain Your Followers
Regardless of the hashtags or songs you use and their duration, the most crucial aspect on Instagram is whether your content entertains your audience or not.
As we explained earlier about the algorithm, your content is only shown to others when 10% of your followers engage and respond to your Reels. Engagement on Reels comes through entertainment, so focus on entertaining your audience with high-quality content. If they enjoy your content, they are more likely to share it with their own followers.
6. Structure of Your Reels
Lastly, it is essential for your content strategy on Instagram to structure your Reels effectively, considering which parts attract the most attention.
Here’s an example of how to structure your Reels:
- 0:00 – 0:03: Introduce your topic to the audience.
- 0:03 – 0:06: Share the most interesting part of your Reel video.
- 0:07 – 0:12: Add value, such as tips, knowledge, or humor.
- 0:12 – 0:15: Include a call-to-action.
These 6 ways helped us to get our content featured on Instagram’s Explore page. I hope you will find them helpful too. If you think something is missing or illogical, you can comment below. I love replying to your comments. And if your reels are not getting views, then you should read our article on mistakes people make when uploading reels.